We are delighted to announce that we are supplying the ALDEN Satellite systems again in the UK Alden have been a major force on the Continent for a number of years and are unique in that they are offering the amazing AS4 Automatic satellite system, with a LIFE TIME WARRANTY.
- Only 20.5 cm high when closed
- Only weighs 11.7 Kgs
- Only 73.5 cm high when operating
- Only 76 cm wide
- LIFETIME WARRANTY on satellite system
- Two year warranty on controller
- User updated!
- Compatible with SKY boxes and FTA DVB-S boxes
- Only £1799 for the AS4 single
- Only £1999 for the AS4 twin
- Perforated dish makes the system nearly impervious to wind when in use. Guidelines given
- Preloaded for UK & European Satellites:-
- Astra 19E
- Astra 23E
- Hotbird 13E
- Atlantic 5W
- Astra 4.8
- Astra 28 E/N
- Astra 28 E/S
- Very simple system to use, one button selection
- Very fast “lock on” when operating
ALDEN satellites are well known in the UK, as Alden have been manufacturing Satellite and Self tracking solar arrays for many years now. The Phenix (It’s French 😉 is a superb solution for those who rely on Solar power but are limited by roof space or payload.
- £2499 Plus installation. Typically £240
- Once user activated, fully automatic.
- Phenix will automatically park at dusk
- Phenix will automatically track the brightest part of the sky if the Sun is not visable
- Electro magnetic feet energised when driving for added security
- Matching air dam included to minimise drag and wind noise
- On Average FIVE times more efficient that conventional panels.
- Excellent value when compared against the equivalent number of panels
- Ideal when payload is limited
- Ideal when roof space is limited
- 1250mm L x 680mm W x 160mm H
- Wall mounted control panel with digital read out
- Hideaway solar regulator
- Weight 20Kg
An Introduction to the Alden Sunpower Phenix solar panel
The Alden Sunpower Phenix solar panel is often described as one of the best because it works very well compared to the standard panels
It is so efficient being a massive five time more effective than a conventional panel. Expensive? Yes but it definitely helps to save you money in the long run. It is an automatic solar panel that runs to 100w and has a very special feature.
Why is the Alden Sunpower Phenix solar panel so special?
The main advantage that this solar panel has it that it contains a tracking device which locates the sun in the sky and moves towards it.
This means it is able to get the best position for as much direct sunlight as possible. This of course increases the efficiency, produces more energy and therefore saves you money.
It has all the information stored about the location of the sun within it so you do not need to program it yourself which makes it a very easy product to use and set up.
When you install it, you do need to let it know the country it is in by inserting a certain number, the installation manual will explain this and take you through a step by step guide.
It is at the forefront of solar panel technology at the moment which makes it a very popular model and is ideal for both commercial and private use, although probably more common with motorhomes, mobile workshops, mobile shops etc than caravans.
On Average it crates FIVE times the amount of energy than a panel that is fixed into a flat position in the same place, as the panel is perpendicular to the Sun, potentially from first thing in the morning, until dusk. A conventional flat panel can only be expected to produce anything like its rated output from an hour or two each side of Midday.
Of course when the Phenix is parked, you don’t loose out as it still acts like a conventional flat panel
What does the solar panel look like?
The solar panel is fairly large and is tilted slightly so that it can get the most light from the sun as possible. It is important for panels to be tilted in order to increase their efficiency.
When parked, the Phenix motor is locked, and in addition, two electromagnetic locks are energised
The electromagnetic locks pull the open edge of the solar array down onto to plates that are bonded to the roof as part of the original installation.
This stops the panel moving whilst driving.
The actual solar array is rectangular in shape and quite wide. There are several vertical rectangular cells on the panel, lined up in a row, of which there are three in total. The cells are black because this is a colour which absorbs sunlight and heat which again increases the efficiency and makes it work very well.